Addiction comes in many forms.
Some of the most common addictions we think of first are:
- Addiction to drugs and/ or alcohol
- Addiction to pornography
- Addiction to gambling
- Addiction to compulsive lying
- Addiction to love
The list seriously goes on…
Why is it that humans so easily become dependent on substances, feelings and activities?
We’ve learned certain factors play into the development of addiction like, family history of addiction, mental health, and peer pressure.
So how do YOU know if you’re becoming addicted to something?
Here are some signs it might be time to reach out for help.
- Does the activity you’re engaging in feel risky and secretive?
- Do you find it difficult to ignore/refuse?
- Have you noticed your mood directly related to the activity?
Whatever the addiction may be, there are things you can do to now to help your future self.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Talk to a friend, reach out to a professional, learn some practical ways to pull yourself away from addiction and into true freedom again!