It’s natural to seek comfort. Feeling comfortable in your home, at work, and with yourself creates a higher quality of life.
Comfort comes in different forms. Physically, like the temperature of the room. Or emotionally, like a comforting conversation with a friend.
Both forms are equally important to your mental health. How?
When you’re comfortable and life is happening in all the ways you prefer, your brain releases chemicals that lead to good feelings, like support, calmness, and relief.
When you are uncomfortable or unfamiliar with what’s happening in life, those negative feelings kick in, like anxiety, fear or stress.
This is why we put together a list of ways YOU can create comfort in your space this fall
- Create a playlist of songs that make you feel calm + comforted
- Make (or buy) your favorite comfort food + enjoy it every bite!
- Wear that old, ultra-comfy sweatshirt (you know, the one great memories were made in)
- Add some candles, twinkle lights, and cozy blankets to your room
- Enjoy the space you created for YOU
We hope these ideas spark some inspiration for YOU to take a little time to create a comforting space, physically and emotionally, this season.
HAPPY FALL, FRIENDS!